Our physical therapists constantly update their skills through continuing education courses in order to provide the best possible treatment for their patients. We work as a team, continually exchanging new ideas and techniques with each other to provide all of our patients with the best level of skills available. We are dedicated to utilizing proven and emerging techniques that are based on sound, scientific principles and evidence-based research, while emphasizing clinical diagnostics and orthopedic manual therapy.
Greg has over thirty years of experience as a physical therapist and started his career at Island Hospital in 1986. He ultimately desired the freedom and challenge of private practice so he moved to Chehalis, WA to develop an industrial rehab center and a clinic focusing on sports and orthopedic injuries. After growing ‘Chehalis Valley Physical Therapy’ to 2 clinics, Greg chose to sell the operation to a national rehab company. Longing for the peaceful lifestyle of Fidalgo Island, he returned to Anacortes in 1999 with his wife Janelle and his kids, Laurel and Hans.
A student of anatomy and movement science, Greg continues to be fascinated by the human body and his professional interests include muculoskeletal ultrasound imaging in physical therapy, job-site ergonomics, industrial injury prevention, fibromyalgia, TMJ/Jaw pain, balance training and sports/orthopedic rehabilitation. He enjoys flying, art, family, church and laughing.
Greg was one of three physical therapist recipients in the nation of a “Pioneer Certificate” in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Imaging (RMSK) in Washington State. This imaging tool is pivotal in the correct management and diagnosis of many orthopedic injuries. Greg lectures and trains interested clinicians in the use of this tool in their practices.
- B.S., Physical Therapy, Loma Linda University , Loma Linda , CA 1986
- McKenzie – Mechanical Diagnosis & Therapy for the Spine
- Medical Exercise Therapy
- Orthopedics in Primary Care
- Ergonomics and Jobsite Assessment
- Manual Therapy for the Spine & Extremities
- Office Orthopedics & Bone Radiology
- Craniomandibular Disorders
- Low-Level Laser Applications
- Electrotherapy and Pain Mlanagement
- Registered Musculoskeletal Sonographer- RMSK
- NAIOMT – Trained Manual Therapist
Amanda has always had a love for fitness. She began her journey in the physical therapy field as a volunteer in a retirement home creating a walking program for the residents. It was there that she discovered the ability to combine her love of fitness into helping others overcome their limitations. After finishing her education to become a PTA, Amanda has worked in a variety of physical therapy settings which include long term care, acute and sub-acute care, pediatrics and school-based therapy, home health and out-patient physical therapy. She has found her highest level of fulfillment in the outpatient setting as it is both challenging and rewarding for her.
She has resided in Anacortes for the past 8 years and has lived in the area for the past 15 years. She is wife of Kyle Baker, a naval aviator who flies the EA-18G, and mother of Allyson, 9, and Ryley, 6. She enjoys being involved with her children’s activities and is often found gutting it out at the local gym.
- 1999 Associate Degree as a Physical Therapist Assistant from Penn Valley Community College in Kansas City, MO
- Core System Specialist- “Mommy Ready” program
- Low back pain- exercise and vocational rehabilitation
- Urinary Incontinence-nonsurgical treatment for women
- Ongoing training of Jones Strain-Counterstrain techniques
- Manual Correction and Treatment of the Sacroiliac Joint
- Stroke rehabilitation: guidelines for exercise and training to optimize motor skill
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome: from impingement to post operative rehab
- Exercise and Parkinson’s Disease
- Current and Popular concepts in the Evaluation and Non-operative Treatment of the Lumbar Spine
- Manual Interventions for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Ankle Anatomy and Biomechanics
Levi recently received a Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Azusa Pacific University in Southern California. A long-time resident of the Pacific Northwest prior to his graduate work, he is happy to be back home on the islands! He has always enjoyed serving others in his community and is passionate about bettering people’s lives. He has an extensive knowledge base and experience in movement science/postural adaptation allowing him to work with a wide variety of patients. His professional interests include sports/orthopedic rehabilitation, movement science, pain science and musculoskeletal ultrasound.
When Levi isn’t at work he’s enjoying time spent with his wife, Hannah, and their young son, Elliott. He enjoys any athletic activity, drawing from his experience of playing many sports growing up, and you may see him as a “frequent flyer” at the local gyms. He has been known to play his guitar and sing a tune from time to time as well.
- 2016 Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Azusa Pacific University in Azusa, CA
2015 Physical Therapist Assistant associate degree from Whatcom Community College, Bellingham, WA